Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Morning Wake Up Call




Good morning!

When I'm at home I like my coffee or tea in cups with saucers. I think it makes it special. This botanical Portmeirion cup and saucer is nice because it's not too big, and as the weather has warmed up to 50 ish lately, I was feeling a little like spring. I know it's way to early, but I can dream. This cup has a Scarlet Pimpernel on it. Scarlet Pimpernels are described as a common roadside flower, and the petals close up when it's cloudy out. I love flowers that do that. Morning Glory's are similar. I think I'm a little like these flowers in that I tend to want to curl up at home when it's cloudy and cold out.

Speaking of pimpernels, I've never seen the movie The Scarlet Pimpernel. It's an adventure-romance that stars a baronet who presents himself as a "fop" (someone who is very vain and fashionable) in 18th century London society, but he's secretly a hero who saves French aristocrats from the guillotine during the French Revolution.

There is a 1934 version and a 1982 television version. Both are suppose to be good. I think I'll put it on my list for the next rainy(or snowy) day when I feel like curling up and watching a movie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment