Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Afternoon Pick Me Up

Happy Friday! Speaking of Friday afternoon happy hour...here's a couple of songs to get you in the mood. I love anything Michael  Just Haven't Met You yet. Or if you need something really classic... Frank  Aaah. That song would go lovely with the cocktail below.

Since I've been trapped all week without a car, tweaking patterns and sewing, my husband is coming home early to take me out for happy hour. He's considerate that way. Last week we discovered a fabulous bar in town that we had never been to. It is underneath one of our historic hotels and it is dark, quiet, and elegant. They specialize in old fashioned, expensive cocktails, fabulous food, and jazz five nights a week. Sigh. We both had a sidecar martini. This was the best drink I've had in....I don't even know. I was going to list the ingredients but all I could find was brandy, cointreau, and lemon....I need to find out what else they put in theirs.....maybe this evening?

After sampling out of this world potato gnocchi in a cream sauce, which they made fresh when ordered, and a pork belly appetizer, we had these gorgonzola - stuffed medjool dates wrapped in prosciutto with a port wine reduction. Words cannot describe how wonderful these were. By this time we were sharing a top of the line Manhattan...

Will share new spring aprons next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment