Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Afternoon Pick Me Up

 It's Friday...again.
So last Sunday was our daughter's birthday. We took her to our current favorite elegant local establishment to share the joy.
She was duly impressed - with the goat cheese fondue, potato gnocchi, and the impressive jazz music. I love jazz music. Always have. This is a great description of why I love  jazz -  "In jazz music, the connection between artist, instrument and crowd are crucial." It's so true. There is a special - sultry - connection. To me it's just one of those musical forms that so easily screams art.

I enjoyed this simple, delectable beet salad with goat cheese croutons. Oh, and crab macaroni and cheese. Decadent.


Of course, there were the drinks. Are you tired of our bartender yet? Neither am I. My daughter's favorite cocktail of the evening - of the many they impressed her with- was a take on Elvis' favorite sandwich. You know, peanut butter banana, peanut butter banana bacon, fried banana....everyone has a version.

Of course we didn't ask for it, an intuitive bartender knows what you want,

You could have this drink for dessert. It had a perfect little chocolate kiss at the bottom. It was heaven in a glass. Just sayin. Thanks Ray for a special evening.

p.s. I'm suppose to be sewing but the kitchen and I had a little battle this morning and I didn't want to bleed all over the fabric, so check back in an hour or two. We're going for a walk. Apparently alcohol has a good deal of calories. Whatever. So I'm taking us on a nice long walk through Derbyshire after this Friday afternoon Happy Hour. Also getting my other daughter ready for her first prom. Oh those were the days.

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU, Joanne. Thank you all very, very, very much.

    ReplyDelete